Recovery is a kind of action to install third-party ROMs or firmware on Android device. The fact is that a lot of people want to replace the stock ROM and customize it by themselves. What’s more, TWRP will be a great help if there was something wrong inside the device. The HTC U11 was launched this year with a powerful hardware and the flashing HTC Sense software.
One way is to use a backup app, such as Google Drive or iCloud. Another way is to make a backup of your phone’s internal storage. There are a few different ways to backup your Android phone to your computer. One option is to use a third-party app such as Phone Backup & Restore or Google Drive. Another option is to use the built-in Android backup feature. On this page, you will find instructions on how to flash Stock ROM on Android Smartphone or tablet using LiveSuit application.
- It always comes preloaded on a device with the latest version when buying and provides all kinds of features or improvements for optimal performance.
- Other custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) here and Philz Touch Recovery have similar features, but TWRP is considered to be more user-friendly and easier to use.
- Android’s default recovery seems to have come a long a way as I recently noticed it now includes a backup and restore data function.
- When the file is recognized by kies, it will be downloaded, and all previous firmware files will be downloaded as well.
- You’ll be good to go once it shows the Backup complete message.
A custom ROM, on the other hand, helps keep your device alive and updated with the latest version of Android. Another reason why people seek custom ROMs is because of the extra features they offer.
This is a factor controlled on the developer end and you can not bypass it. Currently, there is no way to backup Android SMS by syncing them with Google. So in order to backup SMS, you have to opt for a third-party application to get the job done. I have my faith in this app called “SMS Backup & Restore”, since the last few years. You can download any similar app of your choice, but I would always recommend to use this. Both the app is very reliable, and I personally use it to backup my apps whenever I want to switch between phones.